[ugrads] Fwd: ML at IIT Regression Project (02/04) & Upcoming Events

rhaswah rhaswah at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Jan 31 17:41:50 CST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Machine Learning <ml at iit.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:57 AM
Subject: ML at IIT Regression Project (02/04) & Upcoming Events
To: Rena Haswah <rhaswah at hawk.iit.edu>

Hello All,

ML at IIT is holding some events this month. Check out the slides from the
general body meeting to get an idea of upcoming events.
We are excited to hold our first project training circuit this *Monday,
February 4, 6:30pm in Pritzker Science PS/LS 111*. We will be providing a
hot cocoa bar and data donuts. The content will be statistics focused
machine learning, and will explain how to update your model when it has
been overfitted to the training data. Bring your laptop to code along in
you browser. The language is R, but there is no need to download any
software.
Let me know if you have any questions. We hope to see you there! Thanks a
bunch!

Rena Haswah