[ugrads] FW: SIAM Series of Research Talks

Yue Cao ycao33 at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:10:44 CST 2019

Hi, all
Just a remind, we have a talk about Professor Kang’s research in Statistics tomorrow. Every one is welcome.
Lunch is offered. See you there.

Time: 12:45 on Feb 19
Place: RE106
Title: Statistical Design and Modeling for physical and computer experiments.
Abstract:
New challenges are rising in the traditional statistical design and modeling for experimental data areas. When the experiments have complex structure, including quantitive and qualitative data type, or functional data output, new design and modeling methods for such complicated experiments are introduced. Computer experiment is another challenging area. Space-filling design and surrogate modeling methods are developed.

Best Regards
Yue Cao, PHD candidate
IIT SIAM Student Chapter President
Department of Applied Mathematics