[ugrads] Attention all AM majors

Emily episzczek at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Sep 26 19:37:51 CDT 2018

Hello undergraduate math majors!

My name is Emily Piszczek, applied mathematics ’21, and I wanted to reach out to let you know about some opportunities on campus.

New this year, the math department of IIT is having a “Tea Time” every Thursday, around 3:30-5:00 in Rettaliata 112. Tea Time is a tradition amongst math departments: a time for undergraduates and professors to chat and discuss theories, problems, solutions, etc. in a casual environment. Historically, many great ideas have come from mathematical tea. (Don’t let that intimidate you, it can also be a time to get to know your professors better, and eat some free cookies and drink tea.) Join us tomorrow and any Thursday, and bring your friends.

Furthermore, you may or may not know we have a club for undergrad math majors: Association for Women in Mathematics. I am on the board for AWM and we are always looking for more members. Anyone and everyone is welcome (not just women, not just math majors). Join us any Wednesday at lunch in Rettaliata 114 or email at: awm at iit.edu  to find out about our general body meetings. Joining would be a great way to learn about what more you can do as an undergraduate math student!

You can email me or awm at iit.edu if you have any questions.

Hope to see you soon,

Emily Piszczek
Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics ('21)
Secretary of the Association for Women in Mathematics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL
episzczek at hawk.iit.edu