[ugrads] Fwd: Travel EXPENSES for SLU Pure Idea Generator Challenge ISSUE=25417 PROJ=42

Ahmed Lodhika alodhika at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Sep 17 07:11:04 CDT 2018

Good morning Professors, I'm Ahmed Lodhika, an Applied Math and Entrepreneurship major in my last year at IIT. I recently entered the St Louis University Entrepreneur's pure idea generator challenge recently. Maybe you have heard of it. But if u haven't, basically, it's a competition On Twitter, where u have to generate an idea to their question and convey it in 140 characters or less. Well, I entered a crazy awesome business idea for a product that can help St Louis and the rest of the world battle air pollution.

>> Be sure to ask me about the idea, I'd love to talk to you about it, but be prepared to get hit with an onslaught of words cuz I'm pretty passionate about it :p
>>
>> Anyways, I was selected as one of the 20 finalists from all over the U.S.! I'm invited to the St Louis Zoo to participate in the finals competition. The winner of that gets up to $1,500 and gets to go to SXSW, which is the biggest entrepreneurial networking event ever and would mean the world to me as it can help me being my idea to reality.
>>
>> However, being a low income DACA student, who is mainly attending IIT on merit based scholarships, I won't be able to afford going to St Louis out of pocket.
>>
>> I was hoping you could help me find a way to find a way that IIT or some other source can help me with travel and lodging expenses and help me make my dream into reality. :)

>> Thanks so much!
>> And sending  positive vibes ur way,
>> Ahmed, Founder of Saverr4Angels Tutoring Agency
>> Transforming The Way We Teach Our Kids, One Smile At A Time

PS:
>>> Here are the estimated costs:
>>>
>>> Metra/Amtrak train trip from Chicago to St Louis on Saturday night and then back to Chicago Sunday evening -
>>>
>>> $85 trip *2 = $170
>>>

>>> Uber/taxi (from home to train, train to hotel, hotel to competition, etc) - $100
>>>

>>> Food Expenses - $75
>>>

>>> Hotel/Motel for Saturday night - $150

Begin forwarded message: