[ugrads] UIC Undergraduate Mathematics Symposium

Association for Women in Mathematics awm at iit.edu
Wed Oct 31 13:29:44 CDT 2018

Hello everyone,

AWM is trying to organize a trip to the University of Illinois-Chicago's
Undergraduate Mathematics Symposium on *Saturday, November 10, 2018*. You
need to register by *Wednesday, November 7, 2018*, in order to attend the
symposium. The link below will have the registration form for the symposium:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdyu0hDTXfUJT68sH1EZ-62t6IZcgAA31EXCSHFOr0BI3rFvw/viewform

We will meet in MTCC by Global Grounds around 7:30 and try to leave 7:40.
Remember to bring your UPASS as well as we will be riding the CTA to attend
the symposium.

Schedule for Saturday:
*Saturday, November 10*
8:15 - 8:50am*Sign-in and coffee in SEO 300*
*Morning session — Plenary Lectures — Lecture Center F1*
9:00 am Bianca Santoro
10:00 am Richard Kenyon
11:00 am Nathan Kaplan
12:00 pm *Lunch in SEO 300*
*Afternoon Session 1 — Student lectures — Lecture Center F1*
1:00 pm Gabriel Flores - A Priori Simulation of a Smart-Navigated UAV
Disaster Cargo Fleet
1:30 pm Marisa Gaetz - Anti-power *j*-fixes of the Thue-Morse word
2:00 pm Katie Gallagher - Generating functions for power moments of
elliptic curves over Fp
2:30 pm *Coffee break in SEO 300*
*Afternoon session 2 — Student lectures — Lecture Center F1*
3:00 pm Seth Colbert-Pollack - Shift operators on directed infinite graphs
3:30 pm Alexander Vetter - Deformations of the Weyl Character Formula via
Ice Models
4:00 pm Maxine Calle - Putting the "k" in Curvature: k-Plane Constant
Curvature Conditions
4:30 - 5:30 pm *Poster Session — SEO 300*

--
AWM @ IIT
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/awmiit