[ugrads] Spring 2019 courses and Fall 2018 withdrawals

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Mon Oct 22 12:40:16 CDT 2018

Hi.  There are a few things we might want to discuss together soon.  To
schedule an appointment, please write back and suggest some dates/times
that work for you.  Alternatively, we can discuss stuff via email.

1. Midterm grades are available now.  (Some courses won't assign midterm
grades, some will.)

2. The deadline for withdrawing from a Fall 2018 course is next Monday,
October 19.  If you are concerned about any of your current classes, don't
wait until the last minute!  Talk to your instructor and talk to me, so we
can help you figure out if withdrawing from a course is something you
should consider.

3. The course schedule for Spring 2019 is bring published today (accessed
via MyIIT). Take a look and think about what courses you might take.

Registration is the week of November 5 (exact dates vary); you should
register as soon as you allowed to do so.

You will need your *PIN* to register. *Once we discuss what your plans are,*
I'll give you your PIN.

If you already pretty much know what you are doing, you can just email me
with your plans, and I'll send you your PIN. But if there's anything to
discuss, it's easier to meet and talk - send me an email and suggest some
times when you are available to meet.

Best wishes,
Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A