[ugrads] SIAM Series of talks: My Favorite Theorem

Yue Cao ycao33 at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Nov 8 18:50:26 CST 2018

Hi, all
SIAM is holding a series of talks. The first lecture will be next Wednesday. We will offer lunch. See you there!

Series: My Favorite Theorem
This is the first talk in what we hope will become a regular series at IIT.
The talks in this series will give a light, informal introduction to the beauty of a variety of exciting theorems from around mathematics. Each talk by a faculty member (or grad student) about her/his favorite theorem will contain ideas and discussion that can be appreciated by students (undergrad and grad) as well as faculty. All members of the IIT community that appreciate (or are at least curious about) mathematics are welcome. Please get in touch with the IIT SIAM chapter if you have any questions or would like to give a talk about your favorite theorem(s).

Title: Walking through colored rooms to a fixed point
Speaker: Professor Hemanshu Kaul