[ugrads] This Weekend: Math Contest & Math Conference

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Mon Mar 19 14:33:42 CDT 2018

Hi.  If you are at all interested in the following, write me back and we'll
organize a group to travel to Valparaiso University, about an hour from
here.  Also, it doesn't matter whether or not you are majoring in math -
any IIT student can join.  (Bring your friends!)  And it's free (except for
cost of meals).

TRISECTION MEETING
of the Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan Sections of the MAA

Friday-Saturday, March 23-24, 2018

Friday Afternoon: *The best math contest* because you work together in *teams
of up to 3 people*.

Friday and Saturday: *The best math talks* because they have invited great
professors to speak and the talks are all intended for undergraduates, so
little to no background knowledge is required.  Also, students will give
talks about research projects they did as undergraduates.

And a Tic-Tac-Toe on "other surfaces", a "trivia game show", an art
exhibition, etc.

See details here:
http://sections.maa.org/indiana/meetings/Current/program.html

Hint: You should go!

Write me if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A