[ugrads] Summer research at IIT

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Fri Mar 16 16:17:20 CDT 2018

I wanted to make you aware that Professor Kaul and I are organizing one
summer research group for undergrads, and I see that Professor Gong is
offering another (and there are others hosted by faculty in other
departments).  One reason this is special is that research experiences are
typically restricted to students who have taken at least a couple 400-level
courses, but this one is intended for first- and second-year students.  See
details below (item 2).

There is also the chance to get a $5000 stipend to support summer research
at IIT - see detail below (item 1).

(There are also summer research programs around the country, which I've
alluded to in earlier emails.)