[ugrads] Menger Day: Request volunteers to register and greet guests, and for 2-4 more posters

Robert Ellis ellisr at iit.edu
Thu Mar 15 16:54:52 CDT 2018

Dear AMAT Graduate and Undergraduate Students,

Menger Day, Monday March 26th, is our fast-approaching flagship
departmental event.  Menger Day is an enriching and valuable experience
regardless of your academic standing.  For the purposes of estimating food
orders etc.: RSVP at https://alumni.iit.edu/menger.

Remember, *student awards* will be presented at 7pm after the Menger
Lecture -- *attend to support your friends, or to be present if you win*!

Please seriously consider responding to the following two requests:

*1. Please volunteer to register and greet guests!*
Please follow this Doodle poll link (
https://doodle.com/poll/zhyqq5fkfn67p82s) to volunteer in one or more of
the following time slots:

   - *Time slot                # Volunteers needed*
   - 12:45pm-1:45pm     1 (staff registration table/greet)
   - 1:45pm-3:10pm       2 (staff registration table/greet)
   - 3:10pm-4:35pm       2 (staff registration table/greet)
   - 4:35pm-6:00pm       4 (staff registration table/greet)
   - 6:00pm-7:00pm       0 (attend Menger Lecture)
   - 7:15pm-8:00pm       2 (assist alumni networking/greet)

Please respond Yes/Maybe/No in the Doodle poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/zhyqq5fkfn67p82s> for these time slots.  You will
be interacting with alumni and other guests, which has its own benefits.

*2. Two additional posters requested*

We are short on posters compared to last year, and we want to ensure a
robust poster session.  Please consider contributing a poster, bringing it
to the department office in RE 208 by Friday, March 23rd.  It is fine to
present a poster that you created for a different event.  A repeat of the
instructions from Prof. Ruoting Gong follows next.

Dear students,
It is our tradition to do hold a poster exhibition for the annual Megner's
Day event. If you has done some interesting class projects (including Math
100), summer research, or your thesis topics, please consider to
participate. It will be a great opportunity to communicate with faculty,
alumni, and your peers about your research.

1. Please make your poster of the size: *4ft Wx 3ft H* (or the other way).

2. The deadline of confirming your participation (to rgong2 at iit.edu)
is *Friday,
March 9, 2018. *But, if you decide to participate, please confirm to me
(Ruoting Gong <rgong2 at iit.edu>) *ASAP*.

3. The AM department will pay for the print fee. Please pick up an IDR form
from Ms. Gladys Collins to print your poster during *the week of March 19,
2018*.

4. The poster exhibition will take place during our Menger's Day, in the
afternoon of *Monday, March 26, 2018*, in Hermann Hall Ballroom.

Again, all types of research problems are welcomed (class project, summer
research, thesis, etc).

Thank you,
Robert Ellis

--
Robert B. Ellis, PhD
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics
ellisr at iit.edu
http://math.iit.edu/~rellis