[ugrads] International Women's Day (and more)

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at iit.edu
Thu Mar 8 17:04:46 CST 2018

Dear Students and Colleagues,

On the occasion of international women's day, let me share with you a cool
video made in honor of this day:
https://vimeo.com/259039018

This video and more is available at a new website dedicated to women who do
mathematics, with lots of useful and interesting information :
https://www.womendomath.org/

AMS Notices this month has a nice article on 27 awe inspiring contemporary
women mathematicians at
http://www.ams.org/notices
(particularly, http://www.ams.org/journals/notices/201803/rnoti-p248.pdf)

And those of you who haven't seen the resources I shared last year in
March, please take a look below, especially

If you want to learn more about "ordinary" women who were part of the
>> sciences many decades ago despite the tremendous social obstacles they
>> faced, take a look at entries in the blog "Grandma got STEM"
>> https://ggstem.wordpress.com/about/
>> The math entries are listed here: https://ggstem.wordpress.com/c
>> ategory/mathematics/
>>
>> February was the black History month and on that occasion four
>> mathematicians created a list of inspirational black mathematicians
>> <http://www.mathematicallygiftedandblack.com/calendar.html>
>>
> http://www.mathematicallygiftedandblack.com/
>>

>> This website was inspired by an earlier one featuring inspirational
>> Hispanic mathematicians from the Hispanic Heritage Month in
>> September-October 2016. <http://lathisms.org/>
>>
> http://lathisms.org/

Cheers!

Hemanshu