[ugrads] Congratulations to Lujia Wang

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at iit.edu
Tue Jun 26 00:01:28 CDT 2018

Hello all,

Please join me in congratulating IIT alum Lujia Wang (MS Applied Math,
2013), for successfully defending his PhD thesis in Extremal Combinatorics
from UIC today. Lujia continues the success of our recent alumni in
pursuing a PhD in discrete mathematics. These include Hannah Kolb (BS IIT
2010, PhD UIUC 2016 Graph theory), Chris Mitillos (BS IIT 2009, MS Cyprus
2011, PhD IIT 2016 Graph Theory), Hong Liu (MS IIT 2010, PhD UIUC 2015
Combinatorics), Kevin Ventullo (BS IIT 2009, PhD UCLA 2014 Algebraic Number
Theory), Jon Beagley (BS IIT 2008, PhD George Mason U 2013 Discrete
Geometry), and many more like Hongwei Jin (MS IIT 2015), Dan Kosmas (BS IIT
2017), currently pursuing such PhDs.

Best regards,
Hemanshu
--
Hemanshu Kaul
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics