[ugrads] Poster session and BBQ starting 10am Thu Aug 16

Robert Ellis ellisr at iit.edu
Tue Jul 24 15:17:01 CDT 2018

Dear AMAT students and faculty,

If you are here 10am-3pm Thu Aug 16th, please join us for the Welcome Week
Poster Session and Barbecue for AMAT/BIOL/CHEM/PHYS departments.  (Bring a
poster: RSVP here <https://goo.gl/forms/KB4sS7j6ucjAUpJH2>.  Prizes for
each department.)

Undergraduate, Master's, and PhD students are requested to participate in
the 10am-12pm poster session, using a poster created Fall 2017 or later
(such as for Menger Day 2018), or a recently updated poster.  The
department can cover printing costs -- request and pick up an IDR from Ms.
Gladys Collins <collinsg at iit.edu> in RE 208 to print with Office Services
in 41B Perlstein Hall.

The flyer is attached, and instructions for the poster competition and
filling out the poster RSVP form <https://goo.gl/forms/KB4sS7j6ucjAUpJH2>
are below.

Thank you,
Robert Ellis

---- From Oscar Juarez, Biology
You will need to:

   - Provide basic information: name, department, etc
   - Upload a google document link of your 200 word summary by the
   deadline. You will find the instructions and an example to prepare the
   summary in the submission link (Do not sent me a word file, ok?).
   - Make a poster showing the research that you have done. I am providing
   an example of how to prepare your poster.
   - Provide the last names of 2-3 faculty members of your department or
   other departments, who would be a good fit to judge your poster. You
   probably need to talk to your advisor first.

The dead line to complete the registration is Aug 10th at 8.00pm

https://goo.gl/forms/KB4sS7j6ucjAUpJH2

Let us know if you have any questions,
The Organizing Committee

--
Robert B. Ellis, PhD
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics
ellisr at iit.edu
http://math.iit.edu/~rellis