[ugrads] Math Buddy

Kiah Ong kong2 at iit.edu
Tue Aug 7 10:23:10 CDT 2018

 Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a good summer break!

We are launching a new buddy system this fall to offer support for the new
math major. We want to pair up new math students with other math major who
can help answer study related questions and give advice on everyday life in
Chicago.

If you have experienced the "I wish someone have told me that" moment, or
you would like to give advice on how to study for a particular course which
you found challenging, or would like to share some mathematical insights
with the new students, or simply to provide social support and make some
new friends, then this buddy system is exactly right for you.

We are planing to make the pairing before semester begin, and have our face
to face meeting with your buddy during the first week of class.

Please email me by August 14th if you are interested. You should also
include your contact number in your email.

Looking forward to hear from you.

See you all soon.

Kiah Wah Ong, PhD, Senior Lecturer
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 206