[ugrads] Fwd: Michigan Biostatistics Prospective Student Day September 30th

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Sep 5 21:21:29 CDT 2017

--------

Could you please distribute the attached announcement for our University of
Michigan / Department of Biostatistics Prospective Student Information Day?
The event will be held on Saturday, September 30th, and provides an
opportunity for students who may be interested in graduate study in
Biostatistics to learn about our program and the University and meet our
faculty. There will be presentations by students and faculty providing
examples of ongoing work in the department, summarizing job opportunities
and career prospects, and providing guidance on admission policies and
financial support.

If you know any bright students who would do well here, please recommend
our program to them. This includes both undergraduate and Masters students
who have identified Biostatistics and related fields as an area of
interest, but also students who are completing undergraduate degrees in
Math, Statistics, Biology, Computer Science and related disciplines that
are beginning to explore their future options. With the current great need
for students who can bridge the fields of mathematics, statistics, biology,
medicine and computer science, prospects for our graduates have never been
brighter.

Thank you for helping us in this very important work! Recruiting the next
crop of students is essential to the success of the department and we rely
on faculty colleagues such as you to pass around word about the wonderful
program we run. Please do let your colleagues and potential students know
about this wonderful opportunity. For more information about the event,
directions to our Open House and pre-registration, please direct
prospective students to our outstanding Student Services Coordinators
Nicole Fenech (fenechn at umich.edu, 734-615-9817) and Fatma Nedjari (
fned at umich.edu, 734-615-9812) or to our  website at http://sph.umich.edu/
biostat/news-events.html - do feel free to post and make additional copies
of the attached flyer. Registration is free – to register directly, please
go to 2017 UM Biostat Prospective student Day
<https://goo.gl/forms/kyxXZpX65AnpFFRt1> .

It is only with your help that we can continue providing outstanding
training and research opportunities to future generations of students. If
you are ever in Ann Arbor, I hope we'll have the chance to meet in person.

Sincerely,

Goncalo Abecasis, D.Phil.

Chair, Biostatistics Department

University of Michigan