[ugrads] This Saturday: The Putnam Math Competition

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Nov 28 15:38:03 CST 2017

The Putnam Competition will take place *this Saturday, December 2*.

"It is widely considered to be the most prestigious university-level
mathematics examination in the world, and its difficulty is such that the
median score is often zero or one (out of 120) despite being attempted by
students specializing in mathematics." (Wikipedia page)

It pretty much takes all day, split into a morning session 9:00am-12:00pm
and an afternoon session 2:00pm-5:00pm.  It will be held on campus, in
Stuart Building room 220.

Anyone who has not yet earned a 4-year college degree can participate.

*If you would like to participate:* Write me now and let me know.

Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A