[ugrads] Lunch meeting invitation: forming an AWM student chapter

Despina Stasi stasdes at iit.edu
Tue Mar 14 10:07:41 CDT 2017

Dear Students:

You are cordially invited to join the Association for Women in Mathematics
student chapter
<https://sites.google.com/site/awmmath/programs/student-chapters> *formation
meeting,* to be held during the lunch hour on:

*Tuesday March 21st. 12:45-1:45pm in Room RE-106.*

We hope that the IIT AWM student chapter will serve as a vehicle to *organize
events* that are of interest to you and that can help you *find out about
opportunities in mathematics*, *get mentoring*,* network **with your fellow
students*, etc.

Lunch will be provided, by a generous donation from the Math Department:
please make your sandwich selection here:
https://goo.gl/forms/iVj1YNutEJdriNzJ3
no later than noon on Friday, March 17th. (Get your order in now so you
don't forget.)

This meeting will serve to explain the *Chapter formation process*, as well
as to *solicit input from interested students* on activities they would
like to see, and *share ideas and expectations* for the organization.

We  *encourage ALL students*, and especially *Undergraduate Students with
an interest in Mathematics* to attend. Even if you are graduating this
year, or soon, we would love to have you involved in helping form this
chapter - your input will be helpful to more junior students.

Best regards,

Despina Stasi
Research Assistant Professor
Applied Mathematics