[ugrads] Special Seminar, Thursday, February 2, 2017 - Feng

Myrna Walker mwalke13 at iit.edu
Mon Jan 30 11:42:14 CST 2017

Dear All,

Please join the Department of Applied Mathematics for a

*Special Seminar* - “This Talk Assumes only Univariate Calculus”

When: Thursday, February 2, 2017, 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm

Where: RE 104

*Title: **The Lotka-Volterra model, Random Noise, and Generalizations*

*Speaker: Hualong Feng **Department of Applied Mathematics*

*Illinois Institute of Technology*

Abstract:  We start by presenting the original Lotka-Volterra model that is
widely used in ecology, and performing a stability analysis of the model.
Then we will study the system under the influence of random fluctuations in
the parameters. Time permitting, we will also discuss generalizations of
the Lotka-Volterra model.

Pizza will be served.