[ugrads] Fwd: Special Seminar, February 14, 2017 - Ong

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:58:26 CST 2017

There is another special seminar *tomorrow*.  The only background you
should needs is Calculus I, but he'll present a nice real-world application
and touch on some deeper mathematical ideas.
Bring a *smart phone, tablet, or laptop* to the talk *today*.

*And, copied from my other email, are the general reasons you should come:*

One, it's we are considering hiring these people as permanent faculty.  If
you have an opinion afterward, you tell me, and it will be part of the
discussion.

Two, classes aren't everything.  This is *one of the best chances you will
have* to hear about some nice mathematics outside of class.

Three reasons, actually... pizza!
Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A