[ugrads] Special Seminar, February 7, 2017 - Rolf

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:19:49 CST 2017

There is another special seminar *today*.  The speaker is visiting from
Yale, and he will use technology to look at a real application based on
only calculus!

Bring a *smart phone, tablet, or laptop* to the talk *today*.

*And, copied from my other email, are the general reasons you should come:*

One, it's we are considering hiring these people as permanent faculty.  If
you have an opinion afterward, you tell me, and it will be part of the
discussion.

Two, classes aren't everything.  This is *one of the best chances you will
have* to hear about some nice mathematics outside of class.

Three reasons, actually... pizza!

Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A