[ugrads] Special Seminar, February 7, 2017 - Rolf

Myrna Walker mwalke13 at iit.edu
Fri Feb 3 10:09:53 CST 2017

Dear All,

Please join the Department of Applied Mathematics for a

*Special Seminar* - “This Talk Assumes only Univariate Calculus”

When: Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm

Where: RE 242

*Title: **Modeling the Flow of Water Between Two Tanks*

*Speaker: Jim Rolf   **Department of Mathematics*

*Yale University*

Abstract: *We will use ideas from single variable calculus to examine fluid
flow by creating a simple model of the flow of water out of a single tank
and use this to extend the model to flow between two tanks.  We will use
technology to examine this model and compare results to a real life
scenario.  Please bring a device (smart phone, tablet, lap top) that can
connect to the internet for this talk.*

*Refreshments will be served.*