[ugrads] Fwd: Special Seminar, Thursday, February 2, 2017 - Feng

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:21:27 CST 2017

Hi!  It was nice to see some of you at the talk Monday.

*Tomorrow, there is another such talk!*  (There will be two more later,
February 7 and 14.)

It's on predator-prey populations, which is something I always want to
cover in Math 152, but I never have enough time!  Good stuff!  And the
speaker is Hualong Feng, who you may already know since he's been teaching
here for a while.

*And, copied from my other email, are the general reasons you should come:*

One, it's we are considering hiring these people as permanent faculty.  If
you have an opinion afterward, you tell me, and it will be part of the
discussion.

Two, classes aren't everything.  This is *one of the best chances you will
have* to hear about some nice mathematics outside of class.

Three reasons, actually... pizza!

Michael J. Pelsmajer, Associate Professor
Associate Chair for Applied Mathematics
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Applied Math
John T. Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 208A