[ugrads] SIAM Student Officer Application Period

Adam Rumpf arumpf at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Apr 27 17:09:41 CDT 2017

Hello All,

The IIT student chapter of Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
(SIAM) will be holding its elections in a few weeks, and we are *now
accepting applications for officers* for the 2017-2018 academic year.  SIAM
<http://siam.org/> is an international professional organization for people
in applied mathematics and related fields, including science and
engineering.  Our student chapter focuses on organizing events and
activities to promote learning and involvement in applied mathematics.  Its
exact agenda is largely driven by the initiatives of the current officers
and members.  Being involved as an officer is a great way to gain
leadership experience and to have a voice in what happens with applied
mathematics at IIT.

*All IIT students are welcome to apply* for an officer position, regardless
of major and undergrad/grad status.  We will be accepting applications
until *11:59pm on Saturday, May 13*.  Online voting will then be open for
one week, until 11:59pm on Saturday, May 20.  Voting will be announced
through the SIAM HawkLink email list, so if you are interested in applying
or voting, you *must be registered as a SIAM member on HawkLink*, which you
can do here <https://hawklink.iit.edu/organization/siam/>.

Our current officer positions include: President, Vice President,
Secretary, and Treasurer.  If you have questions about what any of these
positions entail, please contact one of the current officers listed below:

   - *President:* Adam Rumpf <arumpf at hawk.iit.edu>
   - *Vice President:* William Schwartz <wschwart at hawk.iit.edu>
   - *Secretary:* Xiao Huang <xhuang23 at hawk.iit.edu>
   - *Treasurer:* Kan Zhang <kzhang23 at hawk.iit.edu>

If you would like to apply to become an officer, *let me know by email by
the deadline listed above*, and your name will be added to the ballot.
Please specify any and all positions that you would like to run for.  Also,
feel free to forward this announcement to other students that might be
interested.

Thank you for helping to make this year's activities a success.  We look
forward to your continued involvement, and wish you a pleasant Summer break.

Sincerely,
Adam Rumpf
IIT SIAM Student Chapter President