[ugrads] Mathematical Modeling Talk for Undergrads

Adam Rumpf arumpf at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Oct 27 18:05:27 CDT 2016

Hello All,

Please join SIAM next Wednesday for free pizza and an introduction to the
fascinating and practical field of mathematical modeling.  Undergraduates
of all majors are invited.  The main focus of the talk will be the
Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), an international mathematical
modeling competition taking place in January.  The MCM provides a fun
challenge, and an opportunity for large scholarship prizes and other awards.

If you think you might be interested in participating in the MCM, or you
would just like to find out more about it, please be sure to attend.  See
our HawkLink announcement below for more details.  We will send a reminder
next week with the event location.  We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Adam Rumpf, IIT SIAM Student Chapter President

Please join Professor Hemanshu Kaul on Wednesday, November 2nd at 4:30pm as