[ugrads] Chat with Fields Medalist Martin Hairer

Adam Rumpf arumpf at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Oct 20 16:40:59 CDT 2016

Hello All,

Next Thursday IIT will be visited by Fields Medalist Martin Hairer.  Dr.
Hairer has been kind enough to volunteer his time for an informal Q&A
session, Thursday, October 27, from 3:30 to 4:30pm.  Snacks will be
provided.

Both students and faculty are welcome.  If you are a new student, you may
wish to ask about what life is like as a professional mathematician.  If
you are an advanced student, you may wish to ask about the experiences of a
seasoned mathematician who has achieved some of the highest honors in the
field.  This is your chance to get those questions answered.

Please see our HawkLink announcement below for more details.  Another
announcement will be sent next week with an update on the location.  We
hope that you are able to join us for this rare opportunity.

Sincerely,
Adam Rumpf, IIT SIAM Student Chapter President

Please join us for an informal gathering with Fields Medalist Martin Hairer