[ugrads] Karl Menger

Fred Hickernell hickernell at iit.edu
Tue Mar 29 15:19:36 CDT 2016

Dear all,

I hope that you have been enjoying our two day Menger events and can come to LS 152 this afternoon at 4:30 PM for Prof. Hou’s discussion of what it takes to become a successful applied mathematician.

Eve Menger, Karl Menget’s daughter has asked me to remind you of the excellent biography of Karl Menger written by Seymour Kass and published in the AMS Notices:

http://www.ams.org/notices/199605/comm-menger.pdf

which is also attached.

RE Bldg Rm 208, 10 West 32nd Street, Chicago, IL 60616