[ugrads] Menger Events, March 28-29

Fred Hickernell hickernell at iit.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:45:19 CDT 2016

Dear students,

Every spring our department has a two day event  celebrating the legacy of Karl Menger, our most distinguished faculty member.  This spring we will welcome Prof. Tom Hou from Caltech as our Menger Lecturer.  The main lecture

"Recent Progress in the Clay Millennium Problem on Navier-Stokes Equations and Related Models”

is at 3:15 PM, Monday March 28, in the MTCC ballroom.  I hope that you will attend.  Take a look at

http://science.iit.edu/applied-mathematics/about/remembering-karl-menger-lectures <http://science.iit.edu/applied-mathematics/about/remembering-karl-menger-lectures>

for details of other events including the Monday Math Club Pizza Lunch and the Tuesday sharing on how to be a successful applied mathematician.

Looking forward to your participation in this important annual departmental event.  Enjoy the remainder of your spring break.

RE Bldg Rm 208, 10 West 32nd Street, Chicago, IL 60616