[ugrads] New M.S. program in Computational Decision Science and Operations Research

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at iit.edu
Wed Jan 20 10:06:41 CST 2016

Dear Students,

I am writing today to bring your attention to a new graduate program, *M.S.
in Computational Decision Science and Operations Research (CDSOR) *that is
just starting here at IIT.
*I also want to request you to forward this information to your friends and
colleagues (within and outside IIT) who might be interested in this
program.*

M.S. in CDSOR is  a multidisciplinary joint program between Applied Math
and CS departments with support from School of Business and Engineering.
The coursework is a mix of CS, Statistics, Optimization, and Business
courses. Here is a partial list of faculty associated with the program:
*http://science.iit.edu/cdsor-faculty-research-and-projects
<http://science.iit.edu/cdsor-faculty-research-and-projects>*

Students with any background - from Math, CS, Engineering, Sciences, etc. -
would be successful in this program. Some basic undergrad-level knowledge
of linear algebra, discrete math, probability and statistics, and
programming, is the only requirement (which can also be made up by taking
some additional courses that we can prescribe based on the individual
student's needs).

*You can read all about the program and its curriculum at*
*http://iit.edu/cdsor <http://iit.edu/cdsor>*

Please don't hesitate to write back if you have any questions/ comments.

best regards,
Hemanshu

Hemanshu Kaul
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics
Co-Director, Graduate Program on Decision Sciences (CDSOR)
Illinois Institute of Technology
http://www.math.iit.edu/~kaul/
http://iit.edu/cdsor