[ugrads] Applied Math Talk: Statistics of Network Modeling

Hannah Albert halbert at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Apr 18 10:30:52 CDT 2016

Please join SIAM and Dr. Sonja Petrovic to learn about statistical analysis
and modeling!

*Abstract*:
In today's data-filled world, researchers and policymakers hope to find
crucial information in various types of data. The question I pose is simple
and intuitive: are we making statistically relevant insights from network
data? I will discuss recent developments on understanding what various
types of network data can tell us, as well as the current limitations of
state-of-the-art methodologies. I'll use a few motivating examples and one
simple running example. Naturally, the emphasis will be on statistical
analysis and modeling.