[ugrads] Intro to LaTeX and Beamer

Hannah Albert halbert at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Sep 23 16:54:26 CDT 2015

Dear All,

SIAM is offering an introduction to *LaTeX* and *Beamer*.

Writing a thesis? Planning to publish a paper? Preparing a presentation in
any scientific field? Just want your homework to look really nice? Come
learn how to use *LaTeX*.

*LaTeX* is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. It
is used for scientific and technical documents, especially those involving
equations, multiple graphics and figures, etc., although it may also be
used for any form of publishing. We will also be looking at creating
presentations with *Beamer*, which is a *LaTeX* document class for creating
slides for presentations.