[ugrads] This Saturday 10/24 has two math events! Virginia Tech Contest and UIC UG Symposium

John Erickson john.erickson at iit.edu
Sun Oct 18 16:38:11 CDT 2015

Hi math club members and math undergrad majors,

First off, apologies for inevitable double emails.

We sort of have a nice problem this coming weekend: too much math stuff to
do and not enough time to do it. Specifically, the Virginia Tech math
contest is this coming Saturday in the morning. Presumably, if you are
interested in taking it, you have already made arrangements with Professor
Pelsmajer.

If you still want to do something "mathy" but contests aren't your thing,
there will also be the UIC Undergrad Research Symposium. Unfortunately,
this will also be this coming Saturday morning. Curiously, I can't find a
start time on their poster but in the past it has started at 8:15 am.

The link is

www.math.uic.edu/ums/

They want you to register to attend so click the registration link if you
are interested. There is absolutely no requirement that we coordinate, but
it would be nice to know if any IIT people are going so please send me an
email if you are going. Thanks.

Professor Erickson

--

John Erickson, Ph.D.