[ugrads] FW: Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) student membership

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Thu Aug 13 21:39:42 CDT 2015

Please see below.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

Email: fasshauer at iit.edu

*From:* fac.all-bounces at math.iit.edu [mailto:fac.all-bounces at math.iit.edu] *On
Behalf Of *Lulu Kang
*Sent:* Thursday, August 13, 2015 8:04 PM
*To:* fac.all at math.iit.edu; grads at math.iit.edu; ugrad at math.iit.edu
*Subject:* Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) student membership

Dear Students and Faculties

Our department plans to sign up the institute membership for the Association
for Women in Mathematics <https://sites.google.com/site/awmmath/home>  It
comes with FREE 15 students memberships. We would like to offer these
students membership to you, of course for free. The benefits of the
membership can be found here
<https://sites.google.com/site/awmmath/awm/membership>. They mainly include
the free issues AWMNewsletter and free registration of the AWM conference,
and many other things.

So far only 4 Ph.D. students signed up. Now we extend the membership to
undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. students. There are only 11 memberships
left. We will give them to the first students who emailed me. Female
students have the priority.

Advisors, please encourage your female students to join.

If you are interested, please reply me with in next week. In your reply,
please include the following information.

1. Name

2. Gender

3. Email

4. Which year in Ph.D/Master/Undergraduate program is this for you?

5. Who is your advsior, if you have one?

6. Will you be interested in chairing the student chapter for AWM, if we
are going to initiate it some time in the future?

Thanks!

--
Lulu Kang
Assistant Professor, Applied Mathematics

Email: lkang2 at gmail.com