[ugrads] Fw: Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) student membership

Lulu Kang lkang2 at iit.edu
Thu Aug 13 20:12:27 CDT 2015

Dear Students and Faculties

Our department plans to sign up the institute membership for the Association for Women in Mathematics  It comes with FREE 15 students memberships. We would like to offer these students membership to you, of course for free. The benefits of the membership can be found here. They mainly include the free issues AWMNewsletter and free registration of the AWM conference, and many other things.

So far only 4 Ph.D. students signed up. Now we extend the membership to undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. students. There are only 11 memberships left. We will give them to the first students who emailed me. Female students have the priority.

Advisors, please encourage your female students to join.

If you are interested, please reply me with in next week. In your reply, please include the following information.
1. Name
2. Gender
3. Email
4. Which year in Ph.D/Master/Undergraduate program is this for you?
5. Who is your advsior, if you have one?
6. Will you be interested in chairing the student chapter for AWM, if we are going to initiate it some time in the future?

Thanks!

--
Lulu Kang
Assistant Professor, Applied Mathematics
Email: lkang2 at gmail.com