[ugrads] {Disarmed} PIC Math Lunch Presentation RSVP, Thurday, April 30th

ellisr at iit.edu ellisr at iit.edu
Tue Apr 28 21:48:29 CDT 2015

RSVP by noon, Wednesday 4/29! Plenty of more sandwiches available. The
teams have been practicing their presentations for a week to put on a
good show for you. This is the last reminder -- my apologies if you did
not want the repeat announcements.

What: Presentations by two Math 497 undergraduate teams on real-world
problems
"Application of SEIR Models and CFLP to the Placement of Ebola
Treatment Centers in Liberia"
"Evaluation of sites for solar power plants in the US Southwest through
weather analysis and prediction"
When: 12:50pm-1:40pm, Thursday, April 30th; talks start at 1pm
Where: E1 1st Floor Atrium, by the presentation screens
Lunch: The FIRST 15 guests to RSVP will have a sandwich provided! RSVP
below.
Students: Get a preview of this challenging and rewarding project
research course, which is likely to run again in the future.
Faculty: See what our students are accomplishing, or if you would like
to run this or a similar course in the future.
Please join us Thursday April 30th, when two teams from Math 497
present the results of their real-world projects.
Both teams will discuss (1) Real-world data provided by project
sponsors and project goals; (2) Mathematical modeling assumptions; (3)
Mathematical, statistical, and algorithmic techniques applied; and (4)
Modeling results and their implications for the projects. Math 497 --
Problem Solving Projects in Business, Government, and Industry -- is
sponsored by the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) Preparation
for Industrial Careers in Mathematical Sciences (PIC Math) program,
through NSF grant DMS-1345499.

I've invited you to fill out the form PIC Math Lunch Presentation RSVP,
Thurday, April 30th. To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1l5PWkJll_CEBF2VCtY8eedsGiPfTPmQHg3lbtMtjKPQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link