[ugrads] Fall MATH schedule

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Tue Aug 19 14:34:58 CDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

                Welcome (back) to IIT for the new academic year. I’d like
to inform you of two imminent changes to our Fall schedule of classes:

1.       We’ve added a new special topics course MATH 497 (Special
Problems: Topology) taught by Dr. Erickson. It will be meeting on MW in the
late afternoons. This course will count as an applied math elective course
and has MATH 230 and 251 as a prerequisite.
If you’re interested in participating, please contact Dr. Erickson so he
can give you more details.

2.       We are concerned about the enrollment in MATH 481 (Intro to
Stochastic Processes). This is also an applied math elective course, and is
newly designed and decoupled from the MMF program. It has a prerequisite of
MATH 332 and 475, and should now be more accessible to undergraduate
students. However, if we don’t get better enrollment we may have to cancel
it.

I wish everyone a good start next week.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu or fass at math.iit.edu