[ugrads] Comprehensive Exam - Chris Mitillos Thursday, April 10th

Myrna Walker mwalke13 at iit.edu
Wed Apr 9 07:58:48 CDT 2014

Dear All,

Please attend Christodoulos Mitillos's Comprehensive Exam.

When: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 2:00 - 3:00 pm

Where: E1 027

Title: On Graph Fall-Colouring

Abstract: Graph fall-colouring is an intersection of graph colouring and
graph domination, whereby we attempt to partition a graph into independent
dominating sets.

In this talk, we will see various results regarding this type of graph
coloring, including constructions of fall-colourable graphs with certain
predefined properties.

Additionally, we will present some results, which suggest that
fall-colouring may be useful in proving Hedetniemi's Conjecture.