[ugrads] IIT SIAM Pumpkin Pi & MatLab Event

Joseph Kupiec jkupiec at hawk.iit.edu
Sat Oct 19 10:04:16 CDT 2013

Dear All,

We received an email update from the MathWorks folks today. More info about
the MatLab talk below:

The presenters will be Mehernaz Savai and Vipresh Gangwal.

MatLab Talk: Speeding up MATLAB Applications

When: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Tuesday, October 22nd

Where: Auditorium in the MTCC (McCormick Tribune Campus Center)

To register, please email: ken.cleveland at mathworks.com

8:45 AM – 9:00 AM Registration and Sign-in (Walk-ins are welcome)

9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Speeding up MATLAB Applications

In this seminar, we will describe strategies and techniques for speeding up
your MATLAB applications. This will include ways to optimize the
performance of the MATLAB code itself, as well as considering how the
MATLAB family of products can take advantage of advances in hardware, such
as multicore machines and computer clusters, to get improved performance.

Learn about the top Acceleration Techniques

· Adopt Efficient (Serial) Programming Practices

· Leverage Existing Optimized Algorithms

· Matlab applications and simulations on multiple cores or clusters

· Use GPU’s

· Generate C Code from Matlab Code

We’ll end with time for open Q&A.

Although there are no exercises or hands-on activities planned, we will be
distributing the presenter’s code examples and slides via email to anyone
that attends the session.

Attendees are welcome to ask questions throughout the session, and we will
conclude with an opportunity for open Q&A.

--

Best Regards,

     IIT SIAM Chapter Officers