[ugrads] Discrete math core requirement

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Wed Oct 9 16:05:16 CDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

                The department recently decided to temporarily allow MATH
453 as a third option in the discrete math core requirement for the B.S. in
Applied Mathematics. In order words, you are now required to take

.         MATH 430 (Applied Algebra), next offered Fall 2014, OR

.         MATH 453 (Combinatorics), next offered Spring 2014, OR

.         MATH 454 (Graph Theory), offered every fall.

MATH 453 we be treated as an exception which you need to discuss with me
(since I will need to send a request to Undergraduate Academic Affairs on
your behalf).

This temporary exception augments the official two-course choice between
MATH 430 OR MATH 454. All other rules/requirements remain unchanged.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

                Best wishes,

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu or fass at math.iit.edu