[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] ISMAA conference information

Math Club mathclub at iit.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:48:47 CDT 2013

Dear Math Club members,

As we have discussed in the Math Club general body meeting, I am updating
you on the details of ISMAA.

For those of you who do not know, ISMAA stands for Illinois Section of the
Mathematical Association of America and they organize annual meetings in
universities around Illinois every year.

This year, the annual meeting is at the Chicago downtown campus of
Roosevelt university on April 5, 6, and they have some interesting events
lined up.

*Student Math Contest*

Thirteenth Annual Student Mathematics Contest by ISMAA will be held on the
afternoon of Friday April 5, 2013. Its a team event with a maximum of three
members per team and each university can enter multiple teams. IIT had a
very good record with this contest previously and we are hoping to win this
year too.

*Talks*
*
*
There are several talks on various topics. Details of which can be found
here http://sections.maa.org/illinois/2013AnnualMeeting.htm
*
*
*Student Pizza Party*
*
*
Pizza party for undergraduate students Friday, April 5, 6:15 PM

There are a few other events like OUR awards and project NEXT.

If you are interested in participating in the Contest, let us know by
emailing to mathclub at iit.edu

For more details about the conference visit
http://sections.maa.org/illinois/2013AnnualMeeting.htm

*Pranava Teja Surukuchi
*
*Vice-President*