[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Seventh Annual Menger Event next Monday and Tuesday

Fred J. Hickernell hickernell at iit.edu
Thu Apr 18 10:39:30 CDT 2013

Dear IIT Applied Math family and friends,

Next Monday and Tuesday we have our annual Menger Event.  Our Menger Lecturer this year is Philip Protter from Columbia University.  The highlights of this two day event will be four talks by Prof. Protter.

Monday, April 22, 12:45 pm, McCormick Tribune Campus Center (MTCC) Ballroom
Math Club pizza lunch talk - What Actually Happened in 2008, and Who is to Blame?

Monday, April 22, 3:15 pm, McCormick Tribune Campus Center (MTCC) Auditorium
Menger Lecture - Financial Bubbles Through History Viewed Through Mathematics

Tuesday, April 23, 11:25 am, Wishnick Hall Auditorium
Research seminar - Can One Detect a Financial Bubble in Real Time?

Tuesday, April 23, 4:40 pm, Wishnick Hall Auditorium
SIAM Student Chapter talk - The Balance Between Theory and Data: A Case Study with Liquidity

All are welcome to attend all events.  Find out more details here.  RSVP here.  For questions, please contact Gladys Collins <collinsg at iit.edu> 312-567-8980, or myself.

Please pass this on to others whom you think might be interested.

hickernell at iit.edu, www.iit.edu/~hickernell