[ugrads] Math Talk on Sep 11 - 'Neat things you can do with Mathematica!'

IIT Math Club mathclub at iit.edu
Fri Sep 7 13:01:59 CDT 2012

Dear members,

We'll be having our first Math Talk this upcoming Tuesday, September 11th from 12:45pm to 1:30pm in Engineering 1 room 102.

Neat things you can do with Mathematica!
by Dr. John Erickson, Lecturer of Applied Mathematics

We will survey a variety of applications of Mathematica which will serve to illustrate both useful calculations and simple programming paradigms. While not meant to be a full introduction to Mathematica, this should be of interest to any student who has math homework, works on contest type problems, or plans on doing research.

If you have Mathematica in your laptop, we encourage you to bring it to the Math Talk. This talk will count at one point for your requirements to become a member of the club. Pizza and refreshments will be served.

If you haven't registered to the club, please visit www.iit.edu/~mathclub and register under the Apply tab. You must log into your Google Apps account (through the my.iit.edu portal) in order to see the form.

Thank you,

Luis

---
Luis Larco