[ugrads] {Disarmed} [Mathclub-members] {Disarmed} Fwd: <<Request for Support>> Share Indianapolis Teaching Fellows Application Information

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Wed Nov 14 13:02:56 CST 2012

You might be interested in this intensive training and mentoring program to
become teachers in urban schools (like Teach For America).  It's part of
The New Teachers Project (http://tntp.org/about-tntp) which is one of the
best national education non-profit organizations.

They have programs in several cities including Chicago.

Arizona <http://arizonateachingfellows.ttrack.org/>  -
Baltimore<http://www.bcteachingresidency.org/>
-  Charlotte <http://teachcharlotte.ttrack.org/>  -
Chicago<http://chicagoteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>
-  DC <http://www.dcteachingfellows.org/>  -  Fort
Worth<http://ftworthteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>
-  Georgia <http://georgiateachingfellows.ttrack.org/>  -
Indiana<http://indianapolisteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>
-  Memphis <http://memphisteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>  -
Nashville<http://nashvilleteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>
-  New Orleans <http://teachnola.ttrack.org/>  -  New York
City<https://nyctf.teachertrack2.org/r/438aeef3-6028-46dc-b54f-a0ca0460f78d>
- Rhode Island <http://rhodeislandteachingfellows.ttrack.org/>

(I should also mention that the Applied Math department at IIT has a B.S.
degree with a specialization in teaching that prepares you for Illinois
state certification for teaching grades 6-12.)

Michael J. Pelsmajer
Applied Mathematics, E1 Room 206

(312)567-5344 pelsmajer at iit.edu
http://mypages.iit.edu/~pelsmajer