[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Fwd: Invitation to participate in AN12 Student Days - poster deadline extension

Anita Thomas athomas5 at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:42:57 CST 2012

Dear SIAM Student Chapter Officers and Faculty Advisors:

**

** **

We invite all SIAM Student Chapters to participate in Student Days during
the 2012 SIAM Annual Meeting (AN12) in Minneapolis, Minnesota, July 9-13. *
*There are special new activities and exciting events this year organized
specifically for students! ****

** **

Please note that the poster deadline for AN12 has been extended to April
16, 2012 *http://www.siam.org/meetings/AN12/submissions.php* .****

** **

Each chapter is invited to select one student to attend AN12 as its
representative. Find out how to get up to $500 for a representative of your
chapter to attend AN12 at *
http://www.siam.org/students/chapters/student_days.php.*****

** **

Student Days Highlights:****

   - *Student Chapter Meeting with SIAM Leadership* - chapter
   representatives meet with members of the SIAM Board, Council, and
   Committees to discuss how to make chapters even better.****
   - Research presentations by representatives from six student chapters* *as
   well as winners of the Mathematical Contest in Modeling and the SIAM
   Student Paper Prizes****
   - *New in 2012!* Orientation for students prior to the opening
   reception, a student lounge, and a session for students to meet invited
   speakers.****

** **

There are many ways to participate. Please go to the URL below for complete
details on Student Days activities and important dates to remember. ****

*http://www.siam.org/students/chapters/student_days.php*****

I look forward to seeing many of you in Minneapolis this summer. I promise
that it will be a great time!****

** **

Sincerely,****

** **