[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] FLASH UPDATE: Math club meeting---bring your draft resume!

Robert Ellis rellis at math.iit.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:19:20 CST 2012

Do you want a summer research position, internship, or a job after
graduation?

Today I learned that the career fair is Feb 23. Bruce Mueller from the
Career Management Center (CMC) has kindly agreed to run TWO workshops to
prepare you, math-interested folks, for the career fair and for summer
opportunities. Here is the revised schedule.

Wed Feb 8 (Tomorrow):

   - 12:50p-1:00p High school math contest (Luis Larco)
   - 1:00p-1:40p Resume building workshop (Bruce Mueller)
   Successful resumes of IIT Applied Math/CS alums will be shown.
   - If the second item ends early, we'll elect officers
   - bring your draft resume, eat some pizza

Wed Feb 15

   - Elect officers if it hasn't been done already
   - remaining agenda to be determined (high school math contest, Menger
   Day, ISMAA discussions, etc.)

Wed Feb 22

   - 30-second elevator pitch, how to work a career fair (Bruce Mueller)
   Tools and strategies for successfully getting an interview and a
   position.

-Robert Ellis

--
E1 105C, IL Inst. Tech.