[ugrads] Resarch Posters

Hemanshu Kaul kaul at math.iit.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:14:28 CST 2012

Dear Students,

Spring is the semester of presenting your research around the city and in
IIT. There are a number of opportunities over the next 3 months that
should be interest to you. All of them require a poster which gives a
summary of the research you have done (at IIT or outside IIT). For those
of you who have never made a scientific poster, please write back to me
for further details and advice.

1) IIT Undergraduate Research in the MTCC on Tuesday, February 7, 2012
    from 12:00pm-2:00pm.
Students interested in presenting should submit the title of their
research poster and the authors to the undergraduate research office by
February 3, 2012. The email is undergrad_research at iit.edu . The top
posters within each college will be given awards.

2) Chicago Area Undergraduate Research Symposium in Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
    Chicago Hotel on March 3, 2012.
February 10, 2012 is the deadline for poster presentation abstract
submission. You can find more information at http://www.caurs.com/ THe
posters are given prizes.

3) Department Poster Competition during the Menger Day celebrations on
    April 23rd, 2012.
I will send further details about this competition later this month. The
top two undergraduate posters in the department are given awards.

4) IIT Research Day in April 2012 (the exact is to be determined, I will
    communicate the date as soon as its finalized).
The top two undergraduate posters from Menger Day department poster
competition represent our department at this competition. The top posters
in IIT are given awards.

If you have any questions or need further information, don't hesitate to
write to me. Working on your poster now will have you ready for all these
competitions. Talk to your adviser or any faculty member to get started.

best of luck,
Hemanshu

Hemanshu Kaul
Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
http://www.iit.edu/csl/am/faculty/kaul_hemanshu.shtml