[ugrads] New advisors for our student organizations

Fred J. Hickernell fred at math.iit.edu
Sat Aug 25 08:16:52 CDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

Hemanshu Kaul and Shuwang Li have agreed to advise the SIAM student chapter beginning this year.  John Erickson, with the help of Michael Pelsmajer, will be advising the Math Club.  Please join me in thanking outgoing SIAM advisors, Igor Cialenco and Xiaofan Li, and outgoing Math Club advisor, Robert Ellis, for their dedicated efforts.   I will continue to advise the Actuarial Science Club.

Our student organizations are an important part of our departmental life.  Please support them as they make plans and carry out their work in the coming year.  The presidents of these clubs are as follows

SIAM Student Chapter - Xuan Zhou <xzhou23 at hawk.iit.edu>
MATH Club - Luis A. Larco <llarco at iit.edu>
Actuarial Science Club - Xiaodong Zhang <xzhan118 at hawk.iit.edu>

Email: hickernell at iit.edu, Web: www.iit.edu/~hickernell
Office Phone: 1 312 567 8983,  Office Fax: 1 312 567 3135