[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] math competition/practice

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:08:03 CDT 2011

Hi.  Someone came by to ask about the VTRMC, and I realized that I
didn't explain something:

Out of 7 questions, if you get one or two right, it is already
impressive.  If you get four right, you will probably be ranked
nationally.  And there is no shame in getting 0 points.  (I have had
_very_ successful math students that don't do well on math contests.)
The competition is designed to be this way.

So I would encourage you to participate Saturday if you have fun
thinking about math problems.  Don't worry about whether you will
score well or not.

(Saturday, October 29, 9am-11:30am, in E1 room 102)