[ugrads] [Mathclub-members] Fwd: Orientation Leader Applications Available

Michael Pelsmajer pelsmajer at iit.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:00:37 CDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Miller <rmille17 at iit.edu>
Date: Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Subject: Orientation Leader Applications Available
To: pelsmajer at iit.edu

Hello Math Club executive board members!

My name is Ryan Miller and I am the Coordinator of Orientation and
Parent Programs. I’m writing to you today to ask that you please pass
the following information on to your general membership:

Orientation Leader applications for the Spring 2012 Orientation
session are now being accepted! For the Spring semester, Orientation
will be held on Thursday, January 5, 2012. There would also be a
period of training held immediately before this time to help get you
ready for the responsibilities of an Orientation Leader.

Some of the things that you would be doing include:

·         Assisting the new students in becoming an active, engaged
member of the Illinois Institute of Technology community

·         Providing a variety of information and services to new
students at Illinois Institute of Technology

·         Attend all training and program sessions

·         Encourage all students to interact with each other

·         Assemble orientation materials

·         Check-in students

·         Work with assigned group of specific students throughout
orientation to tailor to individual needs

·         Conduct campus tours

·         Other duties as assigned

To fill out an application, please go to http://iit.edu/orientation/
and click the link at the top of the page. Applications are due by
NOON on November 10!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know! You
can contact me at Ryan.Miller at iit.edu or by coming to MTCC 213.