[ugrads] Analyst Position at UBS

Fred J. Hickernell hickernell at iit.edu
Sat Nov 12 10:41:03 CST 2011

Dear students,

Paul Zelisko at UBS contacted me about an opening they have.  This is a full-time position, so I expect it is suitable to those who are graduating this semester.  (For those who are interested in this type of position but will graduate later, it might be good to contact Paul when you are ready.)

Please see the description below and the attached .doc file.  Paul has clarified that historically speaking, domestic BS graduates make the best fit.

If you are interested and have done well in my any of my classes, send me your resume, and I will tell Paul my impression of you (confidentially).  You also need to contact him with your interest.

-----------

The positions' responsibilities include:

- Run weekly, monthly and quarterly Equity operations reports
- Run monthly & quarterly risk and attributions
- Provide ad hoc support & custom reports to capability managers & strategists.
- Provide ad hoc support to client services, marketing, RFP and new business team.

He/She will also have the ability to do ad-hoc analysis, solve problems and do quick research using the dozens of Market Data Services available to us (Factset, Barra, ERP, GEVS).  The projects require a quantitative background (Excel, SQL, SAS/MATLAB, macros, VB etc).  The person will also improve the existing processes that are in place. Lastly, he/she will assist our Group in our Equity long term research projects, help create a research database and develop a historical security matrix.

Paul Zelisko CFA
Paul.Zelisko at ubs.com
Head Investment Systems
UBS Global Asset Management