[ugrads] Spring registration

Greg Fasshauer fasshauer at iit.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:59:21 CDT 2011

Dear All,

                Some of you told me recently that they had seen certain
courses (such as MATH 430) when they were looking up classes for next
semester, and I had to then explain that the course was not being offered
next semester.

I just received the following note from the Registrar's Office:

When using the Lookup Classes link, we recommend students to click the
term.  If students choose to use the Course Search button, then they must
also click on the View Sections button to see if the class is being offered
for the term.

Apparently, they put a bunch of courses into the system that have been
offered in previous spring semesters (but are now considered "inactive").
They are looking into somehow fixing this, but in the mean time you need to
look closer if you use their class lookup tool.

                Sorry for the confusion,

                Greg Fasshauer

P.S.: Those of you who have not yet contacted me about spring classes,
please think about what you plan to do and let me know soon. Registration
begins next week.

Office: Engineering 1, Room 208A

email: fasshauer at iit.edu or fass at math.iit.edu